Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Reflections; Happy Father's Day!

Sundays are family days in our home. With this past Sunday being father's day, it meant that much more.  I found myself in awe of the kids watching them gloat over their father.  I imagine there's no greater feeling for a dad than the praise of his children.  And I starting thinking back to my childhood, how incredibly important my father was and still is to me.  I wondered if I had gloated over him enough. Of course, I am blessed to still have plenty of opportunities to do so, and I try harder everyday to make sure he knows how much he means to me.  Funny thing how strong the bonds between a parent and a child are, the endurance and strength required to maintain an unbreakable connection no doubt become harder with age, but that bond is always there. 

We celebrated the day making various rounds between in-laws, giving the "fathers" in the family their due recognition.  The day was filled with love, laughs, and good food.  A winning trio if I do say so myself.  We returned home, one kid lighter, a few pounds heavier, and exhaustedly satisfied another holiday was done.  All in all, it was a perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment