Friday, July 1, 2011

Even a Thrifty Mummy has Obstacles!

After a rather unpleasant 4 days of non-working internet service, I am pleased to announce this thrifty mummy is back in action!


I had set a few goals for myself before starting this blog, a big one was to post something everyday.  Thanks to some technical issues I am several days behind and may very well just post multiple times over this holiday weekend to get caught up! 

Before getting to the Deals & Events around town, I wanted to share a few tid bits that were reinforced during my internet blackout;

1. Keep a "thrifty journal" in your purse.  I had a ton of errands I ran this week and spotted some awesome deals I was glad to jot down.  I use the notepad on my cell phone so I never have to worry about finding something to write with - pens grow legs and run away from me for some reason...

2. Facebook is a great way to score free samples and local deals.  Simply "like" pages of your favorite products and you can score everything from coupons to freebies and even contest where being creative really pays.  I missed several give aways this week :(

3. Ask your friends!  I am blessed to have friends all over and sometimes a friend in Arizona will know about a new thrifty trend before we ever get wind of it here. 

4. Find out when bulk pick up is in your area.  Just out driving around the other day I found a Little Tikes playset in almost perfect condition set out for bulk pickup.  Heck, I once found two wicker chairs and the lady who set them out ran me the cushions that went with them!  She hadn't set them out w/ the chairs because she had considered reusing them on another piece, but when she saw me and we chatted a minute she offered them!

Just a few things I had to share!  One other I wanted to show today was my receipt from WAG:



I highlighted the coupon amounts, my total, as well as the amounts I saved.  All the coupons I used were from last weeks Sunday paper and I ended up saving $25.88 between SC/MNFC/Sale items! No, not extreme coupon worthy but yes, I saved $25.88 on items we needed this week! Plus - $5 register rewards coupon printed so it was like only spending $20.88!

I will be uploading photos from our weekend crafts soon and tomorrow I will have all the latest couponing deals lined up and ready for you!

On to our DEALS of the DAY:

Freebies:

Bowl for free @ any Brunswick Bowling Alley
7/1-7/4
description: Everyone gets 1 free game each day through the holiday weekend!
www.brunswickzone.com

Kids eat Free @ Bellacino's Pizza & Grinders
Sunday - Wens

www.hamptonbellacinos.com

Yard Sales:

The Garage - indoor style flea market @ the Lemp Brewery
every Saturday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
www.thegaragestl.com

Plan ahead for this one! St Joan of Arc Flea Market
Saturday 7/9 & 7/10 5821 Pernod off Hampton Ave - enter through the parking lot

Deals:

Old Navy Summer Styles starting at $5 now through the 4th

Like "Tiny Prints" on Facebook and send a free card to our troops - make sure to follow their instructions on where to enter their address - great way to show support for our troops this Independence Day.

Check out these links for deals updated daily;
http;//stlo.stlouuisdeals.com

www.stlouis.halfoffdeals.com


Events:

JB Blast
what: Fireworks, music, food
where: Jefferson Barracks Park
when: 7/1 events starting at 7pm - ending after fireworks which begin at 9pm
cost: FREE

Rockin on the Landing
what: live music along the Mississippi River Front
where: Laclede's Landing in Downtown St Louis
when: 7/2 - 7/4
cost: FREE

VP Parade
what: annual Veiled Prophet parade through downtown St. Louis
where: Parade begins on N 4th Street and turns onto Market St ending at 20th street
when: 7/2 @ 10 am
cost: FREE

To checkout all the events Downtown this Holiday weekend visit www.celebratestlouis.org

Sweepstakes & Contest:

Ultimate iCarly Insider Sweepstakes
http://ads.nick.com/sponsors/2011/hp/veer/

Win a Mega George Foreman Grill
www.tnpride.com

Photo Contest - a great site for all the latest competitions
www.photocompete.com

For us writers out there:
www.writersdigest.com/competitions
www.writingcontest.thenovelette.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment