Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Printies Review: Inexpensive Craft the Kiddos Loved

My Printies is a really cute craft with a unique twist on creating stuffed animals.  The Printies are fabric designs of different animals, etc.  The fabric is attached to printer paper in which your child's designs are transferred onto after they are created at the My Printies website. There are several kits you can buy that include everything your child will need to craft a new creation.

We decided to have a craft night Friday and I was blessed to have not only my kiddos, but my adorable niece here for the fun!  My Printies for everyone :)



My Printies Pet Design Studio.  I was just as eager to try this out as the kids :)

The process was simple enough; First purchase a kit and go online to create a new account at My Printies.  Second, once you verify your new account you are taken to the design studio.  The kids each picked out which pet they wanted to create ahead of time allowing for a surprisingly easy process.  Each one waited patiently for their turn at the computer to design their own pet.




As you can see, my son was overly enjoying the waiting process!  He is proudly displaying the test sheet & the actual printies sheet. 

I liked the idea of having test sheets to ensure we were loading the paper correctly and so the kids could see how their designs were going to look.

Once the design is complete, you load a test sheet into the printer and run it through to check the design and proper way to load.  Then you place the fabric sheet in and wallah!  Front side first, allow 5 minutes for the ink to dry and then same process for the back.

Once the fabric sheet is dry, simply fold along perforated lines to remove fabric from the paper.




My daughter was very focused during this part.

Once the critter is all separated from the printer paper the stuffing begins!







After the stuffing, it's as simple as folding the open tab inside and adding feet or my sister opted to sew the bottom closed so my niece could sleep with her horse creation! 

Presto! It was really that simple and everyone had a good time doing it :)







The kids enjoyed it so much they are already asking for a new kit!  Only downside to this craft, the ink :(

Ink is so expensive, but you can select different settings for your printer to help minimize the amount of ink used.  Otherwise, the kit was well worth it and a great craft idea for kids of all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment