Friday, August 5, 2011

Tax Free Shopping, Thrift Store Heaven, & Tons of Things to Do Tomorrow!

Today was the first official day of the Tax Free Holiday here in Missouri.  You betcha I was armed with our school supply list and back up (my bff) to help keep me focused!  Great deals, semi crowded stores, and big time savings!  I managed to get 90% of the items on the list today with the other 10% (mostly clothing items) to be bought tomorrow.  We also headed to Family Value Thrift Store to check out their deals and I found a ton of stuff!! Although not as much as my bff, but hey it was all at a great price! Here are a some pics of scores today:

First, my receipt from Office Max:


I spent a mere $3.27 and even got an extra coupon for $5 off $25 purchase at Payless!
(excuse the blurriness my digital camera is MIA)

Next up are my Thrift Store finds!  To Start, an adorable white platter for the kitchen:


This plate was marked $3.93 plus I got 50% off today for a sale they were having and I have some great ideas on what to do with it!! More on that to come soon...

Then I found a silver charger, again marked $0.99 plus 50% off:


I love these chargers to put candles on, holiday decor, all kinds of greatness will come out of this find.

My favorite find was a simple black pillar holder for a quarter!!




Love this so much! Why you ask? Because I love candles!! And I see these in every single decorative mag spread and really want to get them in every size possible lol! One idea besides using it to hold a pillar candle was this:


The size of the glass bowl isn't exactly right but just bare with me here - now watch what it looks like when you flip it:


Looks a little better huh?  Now imagine what you can do here, the possibilities are endless!  I have great plans for this little candle holder!

Last, I found two glass containers w/ silver lids and my little heart started to putter:


These were marked $0.99 ea!  No sale, but a great deal! I have tons of ideas on what to do with them, but most likely they will end up in the kitchen and not holding cotton balls in my bathroom...like some have suggested...I won't name names :)

I also found a couple of uniform pieces for my son, a super cute pink eye glasses case for my daughter, a bag full of cutesy jewelry for her, and misc stuff.  All of it was less than $18 and all of the school supplies today were about $34 (for two kids mind you).  Pretty satisfied with the bottom line!

Then I come home to another free sample in my mailbox:




Downy Unstopables that are supposed to increase the smelly goodness of your wash! They smelt amazing through the package!  I'll let you know how they do soon :)


Now the tax free weekend continues through Sunday and I am sure I will be taking advantage of some great clothing deals tomorrow at JcPenny's (I have coupons), Shoe Carnival (more coupons + B1G1 1/2 Price), Payless (scored a coupon today + B1G1 Free deal happening) and maybe even Old Navy.

Don't forget to take advantage of some really great events this weekend around the metro area!

Delta Dental Health Theatre grand re-opening is Saturday August 6th from 10am til 4pm.

Back to school fair @ Chaifetz Arena from 9am  til 3pm.

Free kids workshop at Home Depot from 9am til 12pm. This is for the pencil box :)

Kids eat free during the month of August @ IHOP.

Some many great things to do this weekend!  Don't forget to check Fox 2's website for a map of yard sales as well :)

http://www.fox2now.com/lifestyle/yardsale/

And just a quick note about or 100 fan giveaway, follow us on our Facebook page and when we reach 100 fans we will be giving away a gift basket filled with some amazing items from arond the St. Louis area!  Pictures will be posted soon, still awaiting on a few things to come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment